Everything you ever wanted to know about burgers, right here, right now (maybe not everything, but all the good stuff at least). Because knowledge is power. Even burger knowledge.
1. The most hamburgers eaten in one minute is four by Furious Pete in Covent Garden, London in 2013.
Four in a minute? Challenge accepted.
2. McDonalds sell 75 hamburgers every second across the world.
3. The world’s first laboratory-grown burger was cooked and eaten at a news conference in London 2013.
4. The largest hamburger available weighs 352.44 kg (777 lb) and was prepared by Juicys Foods in Oregon, USA. It’s also the most expensive burger available at $5,000 (£3,181).
5. This guy proposed to his girlfriend with a ring in a burger at the McDonald’s drive through.
Apparently they “ agreed to wait longer until it’s time to get engaged.”
That’s a ‘no’ then.
6. A man named Burger is marrying a woman named King and Burger King is paying for the whole thing.
7. You can curl up inside a burger, if you want to. Because some genius created the hamburger bed complete with lettuce sheets and a sesame seed duvet.
8. The full name is hamburger. But it contains no ham. Kind of like how Guinea pigs aren’t from Guinea. In fact, it’s thought the hamburger was invented in Hamburg, Germany.
9. But there’s a bit of beef there, because it’s also claimed that Louis Lassen served a ground beef sandwich to a worker on the go in USA, creating the legendary hamburger in 1900.
10. We’ve got burgers (shameless plug and we’re not even sorry).
Yeah, we’re not modest about how epic our burger range is. For example, take our Motherclucker burger.
We’re talking about a monster burger full of corn-battered chicken, smoked cheddar, streaky bacon, chorizo sauze, sweet potato fries and smoky mayo.
Let’s not be coy here. Does it actually get better than that?
Get your feast on and book a table here.