January can be a tough month. We’ve been forced to move from the sofa and the bar where we’ve spent the last 2 weeks, drink in one hand, mince pie in the other, to work. Back to the office where Quality Streets aren’t just a lean away and drinking mulled wine for breakfast “apparently” isn’t acceptable.
So, to get you through these next couple of weeks, which we’re not going to lie, will be a challenge, we’ve come up with a list of things to look forward to in 2014.
And there’s something for everyone.
1. The FIFA world cup are using goal line technology for the first time. That’ll save a whole load of arguments, (if the stadium gets built).
2. The final episode of How I Met Your Mother will air. ( Let’s not think about life after that)
3. The Hours of Happiness. All cocktails and selected premium beers are 2-4-1, everyday from 5pm at Revolution*. The good times are here.
4. Women’s ski jump is added to the winter Olympics. About time we say.
5. The Commonwealth Games will be hosted in Glasgow.
6. Huge films to watch such as 22 Jump Street, The Amazing Spiderman 2 and 300: The Rise of an Empire. Pass the popcorn!
7. Tony Bennett and Lady GaGa’s Jazz album is released. We’re a little bit scared.
8. Sam Smith’s new album, In The Lonely Hour, will be released in May this year. The singer has also been named as winner of the Brits 2014 Critics Choice Award. He’s kind of a big deal.
9. The Glastonbury line-up will be released which makes us feel like dancing..
10. Saving the best till last…we’re teaching the January blues a thing or two with 50% off food in January when you book online at Revolution. And on top of that our brand new drinks menu will be launching on 1st February. Hallelujah.
See, January ain’t so bad now is it…
*Excluding Scotland, see website for details