You’ve waited all year for your birthday party. It’s the biggest event on your social calendar. But THAT song, is the longest 20 seconds of your life and puts a proper damper on the whole party spirit. While everyone gathers around to intensely stare at you while singing ‘Happy Birthday,’ you need a plan. Because this just can’t go on.
So here are your options:
1. Sing along. This day’s all about you so go with it.
2. Nod and smile just nod and smile
3. Clap along manically
4. Pick one person in the crowd and do not break eye contact
5. Look everyone in the eyes. Everyone needs to feel appreciated.
6. Start eating the cake. You might as well keep busy
7. Close your eyes and wait until the torture ends.
8. Judge them, X Factor-style. You’re totes the new Simon Cowell
9. Pretend you’re the conductor and your fingers are the batons.
10. Think about vodka. And the awesome time you’ll be having one of Revolution’s birthday party venues.