Between Netflix bingeing, staring numbly into our phones or literally anything to keep us entertained, it’s no wonder that 2020 is making our brains feel a bit bogged down.
With all the sh*t going on right now and our brains having to overthink literally everything! We think it’s time to reward that little nugget in your head with some brain boosting goodness to get you through!
We’ve got some easy-peasy smoothie recipes that are packed with foods that help boost blood flow, stabilize blood sugar, and neutralize free-radical damage -all important for optimal brain power.
Check out 4 of our fave brain-busting smoothie recipes below.
1: Turn up the BEET smoothie:
- 1 cup fresh grated beetroot (if not available, you can use canned beetroot)
- 1 small bag of frozen mixed berries
- 2 cups of liquid of your choice (water, coconut water, any type of milk)
Throw it all into a blender or nutribullet and enjoy.
2. Let’s Avocuddle Smoothie:
- ½ avocado (flesh only)
- ¼ banana (peeled and sliced)
- ½ cup blueberries
- 6 walnuts
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup ice (optional, makes smoothie thicker)
Throw into a blender and enjoy.
Did you know!
There are dozens of brain-boosting foods you can easily pick up in your local supermarket! Foods like berries, cherries, spinach and kale contain a high-level of antioxidants which help protect the cells in our brains. Also things like Chia seeds, flaxseed, avocado and coconut oil are perfect additions to your diet to improve memory so you can store more information in your noggin.
Par-TEA Detox Smoothie:
- 1 Cup Green Tea (cooled)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Banana
- 1.2 Cup Spinach
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds (or 1/3 cup of porridge oats if you don’t have chia, maybe add 3-4 tbsp of water if you use oats)
- ½ cup of ice
Make a cup of hot green tea, let it cool (don’t steep your teabag for more than 3 minutes or it goes bitter).
Once cool, add the tea in the blender with all other ingredients and whizz until smooth. Add ice to make it colder – wa-lah.
4. Very Cherry Chocolate Smoothie:
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk you have)
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 frozen banana (or 1 room temp banana and some ice)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp cacao powder
Into a blender, whizz it up and drink up.