There are few cocktails more iconic and downright essential than the Mojito.
Refreshing, full of flavour and the favourite drink of Ernest Hemingway; and frankly if it was good enough for him, then it’s good enough for us.
But how do you get your Mojito fix when you’ve not got one of our expert bartenders to hand? Well, here’s how to make a Mojito from the comfort of home.
50ml Bacardi Carta Blanca rum
2 spoons caster sugar
1 squeezed lime wedge
12.5ml lime juice
10-12 mint leaves
Soda water to top
Garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of mint
- First put your caster sugar into a large, sturdy glass.
- Squeeze in the juice from your lime wedge and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Then add the rum and lime juice.
- Next up add a load of crushed ice (if you only have ice cubes put them into a tea towel and give them a bash with a rolling pin).
- Now for the fun bit; get the mint leaves and place them in the palm of your hand then clap your hands together – the shock will release all that lovely minty flavour.
- Drop the leaves into the glass and stir with a large spoon.
- Top up with soda water and garnish with the lime wedge and mint sprig.
Then serve with two straws and proper Cuban music playing in the background!
Best Mojito recipe in the business? We think so but we’ll let you be the judge of that!
Want to find out more about our cocktail making secrets? Book one of our Cocktail Masterclasses and become an expert in no time at all.