When you’re the undisputed masters of the cocktail game, you’re gonna get a lot of haters.
Especially when you remix untouchable classics like the Mojito.
‘Who do you think you are!?’ they said. ‘You can’t remix a Mojito!’ they said.
Obviously, being the absolute renegades we are, we laughed in their smug faces, added a load of cherry and mixed it to perfection.
And just to add insult to injury, we swapped the glass for a plastic bag. Because rules are for losers, and this cocktail is for winners.
Wanna join the rebellion? Here’s the Cherry Mojito recipe you need to know about to join the rule breakers club!
Cocktail bag (or a glass, if you want to be boring)
Cherry Mojito Ingredients:
37.5ml Bacardi Carta Oro
25ml cherry syrup
10-12 mint leaves
Cherry Mojito Recipe:
- First put your caster sugar into the cocktail bag.
- Add the rum and lime juice.
- Next up, add a load of crushed ice.
- Then, pour over the cherry syrup.
- Get the mint leaves and place them in the palm of your hand then clap your hands together to get those minty oils flowing.
- Drop the leaves into the bag and give it all a good stir with a large spoon.
- Top up with soda water and apple juice, add a straw and tie up the neck of the bag, leaving the straw hanging out.
Now that’s what totally breaking the rules tastes like.
Sometimes it’s good to be bad, right?
Check out these other wild remixes we’ve had no shame in inventing, or book in to a cocktail class for some tips from the experts.